Pesticides and Pregnancy
First of all, It's not safe for anyone (pregnant or not) to be around when the pest-control Specialist is doing his job.
Pesticides and pregnancy lead to several questions and for good reason, during the first trimester of pregnancy, the nervous system is rapidly developing in your baby, so you definitely want to avoid any type of contact with pesticides during this time, some studies indicate that the greatest risk of exposure to pesticides is during the first three to eight weeks of the first trimester when the neural tube development is occurring.
If you decided to have a pest control service during your pregnancy, you should consider the below:
- Make sure to use a pest control company that is approved by Dubai Municipality.
- It's Mandatory for the pest control Specialist to hold a Permit for pest control activities issued by Dubai Municipality while operating, ASK FOR IT!
- Pesticides used must be certified from Ministry of Environment and Water.
- Make the pest control Specialist aware of your pregnancy
- Once the pest specialist is aware of your pregnancy, he will be able to customize the treatment and choose the appropriate formulation of product and conduct the application in the appropriate target areas to control the pests and ensure the safety of your family.
- Pregnant women must not be in the house during treatment
- Allow plenty of time for the home to air out, and the pesticide to dry before returning.
- Avoid any contact with the treated areas as much as possible.
- Let someone else do the cleaning