Fast facts on bed bugs
Here are some key points about bed bugs. More detail and supporting information is in the main article.
- Bed bugs are small wingless insects that feed on the blood of warm blooded-animals.
- As humans, we are ideal hosts for bed bugs.
- Bed bugs are so called because of their preferred habitat in human homes: sofas, bed mattresses, etc.
- Most bed bugs feed on their hosts while they are asleep.
- Peak time for feeding is about one hour before sunrise.
- Feeding takes about five minutes, after which the bug returns to its hiding place.
- A female bed bug lays approximately 5 eggs in one day and about 500 during her lifetime.
- Bites can take up to nine days to become visible.
- Unlike flea bites, bed bug bites don't have a red dot in the center.
- Bed bugs tend to bite in rows. You will likely see two or three bites all in a row.
- Bed bugs are not easy to eradicate. It is advisable to hire a professional in pest control.
For Bed Bugs control call us now Toll Free : 80073275